I’m really happy with it. 🙂
- Pattern: ‘Wavy Scarf‘ by Sarah Smith
- Yarn: Noro Sumile Multi, shade 106 lot B, 275 grams (5 and a half skeins)
- Needles: Pair of 4.5mm straights.
- Finished measurements: 8.5 in wide and 68 in long after blocking.
- New technique attempted: Cable cast on – produced a thicker result than long tail cast on, which went well with the ridge pattern.
I wanted a slightly wider scarf so I cast on an extra 12 stitches across, which turned out well. Knitting the leftover yarn from the hat into it allowed me to do the number of repeats the pattern called for, making it long enough. If I don’t block it after washing, it easily stretches to 7 feet long or more!
I would have taken photos of it outside for once, but there’s a torrential downpour this morning. Not really fancying a soaking, esp since my voice is still in hiding…