- Pattern: Snowboarder Hat that Rocks, by Irishgirlieknits.
- Yarn: mystery yarn from stash.
- Needles: 1 x 80cm 6.5mm metal circular.
- Finished measurements: 21in circumference, 8.5in from mid-crown to edge excluding ear-flaps etc.
- Gauge attained: 3st and 5 rows to 4in/10cm in stockinette
Finished waaay back in January, this was an emergency replacement for the hat I lost. The pattern was easy to follow, and accurate in saying that the hat comes out quite large. I ran out of the ‘mystery’ 3 tone red yarn, which was 3 strands plied together – one each of bright red, wine red and black. To finish the hat and make the plaits, I ended up using 3 strands of random dk together to get a similar weight yarn (1 orange, 1 wine and 1 black).